How to stay active all day
What are the secrets of those active people? Why do we want to stay active? Do you want to have more energy at work and maintain a good body shape? How we can do that?
***Steps for keeping you active all day:
If you are over 50 years before starting the new active lifestyle: you will need to visit your physician to check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Women should get breast and cervical cancer screening tests, and both men and women should be tested for colorectal cancer.
- Before starting change, you need to set your short-term and long-terms goals, such as: Weight control, being more energetic, need to sleep well, depression relief, decrease your blood pressure or blood sugar….etc. and it will be beneficial to write them on a paper to remind you of your goals.
- Make sure that you want this change, not your family, doctor or any one else.
- If you started a program to get more active but having problems in keeping it going, it may help to find what's going on, and working on the limiting barriers.
*** To stay active make sure that you are:
- Nonsmoker: if you are not, it will be beneficial to consider it now and it is never too late.
- Eating a healthy diet: which are rich in fruits, vegetables, and fibers, and low-fat dairy products and containing Limited amounts of saturated fat, salt, and sugar.
- Having a healthy weight: food intake should be balanced with the burned energy.
- Doing exercise: at least all of us need 30 minutes of moderate physical activity in most days of the week, you can do Walking, swimming.
- Start and build up slowly: start with 10 to 15 minutes and increase it by 1 to 2 minutes per day until reaching your goals.
- If you are a busy person: you can exercise at home instead of going to gym, ask help from your family to help you to find a time for yourself, find a person around you who is busy and active and make him your model, always remind yourself that you can find a time for living healthy and you will win this challenge.
- The weather is too bad for exercising: try indoor and outdoor activities to have your option according to the weather changes.
- It is not interesting to do exercise: then make it more interesting by listening to music while doing exercise, walk with a partner, join a class or play outdoors games with your family.
- I’m exhausted and can’t do exercise: take some rest after work or divide your exercise over your day. If you have stress that makes you feel you are tired all the time you should manage that stress, by consulting your health care provider.
- When making success and reach your goals honor & reward yourself; you did it!!
- Don’t stop your healthy program, make it your life style, if you have stopped for a while don’t consider it a failure and restart as soon as possible.
- Try to reduce the use of electronic devices like mobiles, internet and others
- Try to have day time nap(15 minutes)because it may help to improve the energy level
- meditation for few minutes may help also