What is erectile dysfunction?
ED means an inability to get a good enough erection to achieve satisfactory intercourse. (It used to be called impotence). Erectile dysfunction can occur at any age .it is very common, and it occurs for a variety of reasons and at different ages.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms:
- Trouble getting an erection.
- Trouble keeping an erection.
- Reduced sexual desire.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by:
- Diabetes (high blood sugar).
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Stress, anxiety or depression.
- Alcohol and tobacco use.
- on medications, such as antidepressants, pain medicine and medicine for high blood pressure.
- Brain or spinal-cord injuries.
- Hypogonadism (which leads to lower testosterone levels).
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Radiation therapy to the testicles.
- Some types of prostate or bladder surgery.
- Prolonged bicycling.
- Being overweight.
* An unsatisfactory sex life
* low self-esteem Relationship problems
* The inability to get your partner pregnant
How is erectile dysfunction treated?
The treatment for erectile dysfunction depends on what is causing it. After your doctor checks you for medical problems and medicines that might cause erectile dysfunction, he or she may have you try a medicine to help with erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil, tadalfil and vardenafil are medicines that are taken by mouth. Not everyone can use these medicines. Your doctor may talk to you about alprostadil if oral medicines aren't an option for you. Alprostadil is a synthetic version of prostaglandin E. It can be injected into the penis or inserted as a tiny suppository into the urethra. Your doctor will help you decide which treatment is best for you.
Useful Lifestyle Changes:
- Quit Smoking: Quitting smoking can be very difficult and there is no single best way to quit that works for all people.
- Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise can improve your health in many ways. Along with improving erectile function, exercise can:
- Strengthen the heart.
- Improve the flow of oxygen in the blood.
- Build energy levels.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Improve muscle tone and strength.
- Strengthen and build bones.
- Help reduce body fat.
- Help reduce stress, tension, anxiety, and depression.
- Boost self-image and self-esteem.
- Improve sleep.
- Make you feel more relaxed and rested.
- Make you look fit and healthy.
To get the most benefit, you should exercise at least 20 to 30 minutes, preferably on most days of the week. Current studies suggest that at least five times a week is best. If you are a beginner, exercise for a few minutes each day and build up to 30 minutes.
- Reduce Stress: Stress is common to everyone. Our bodies are designed to feel stress and react to it. It keeps us alert and ready to avoid danger. But it is not always possible to avoid or change events that may cause stress and it is easy to feel trapped and unable to cope. When stress persists, the body begins to break down and illnesses can occur. The key to coping with stress is to identify stressors in your life and learn ways to direct and reduce stress.